Wednesday, April 29, 2015

J's 3rd Birthday


 The pictures immediately above and below are not actually part of his birthday party but probably on the same day. J's birthday this year fell during the very busy time of us moving. Thankfully, Grandma and Grandpa J were here to help us throw a little celebration for him. They were in town to help us with our move and they were a TREMENDOUS blessing. Looking back I can't imagine what it would have been like without all their help!!!

I see I got no pictures of his birthday cake which I am not sure how that happened! Anyway, I had told J I would let him pick out his birthday cake but one day he was with Daddy and some of the other kids and I were where we could get one. I called and talked to him and in his growly voice that he so often uses he said "Cau, Cau pick cake." So Cau, Cau I think felt quite honored that he was bestowed the honour of picking out the birthday boys cake! The cake had white frosting but about 4 layers and each layer of the cake was a different color. It was beautiful!!
 The procession. No imagination in this house at all . . .
 We actually had quite the feast and it was very yummy!
Baked potatoe bar and hot dogs, etc.
 J absolutely LOVED LOVED his birthday balloon!!!


We threw his birthday party one night early and then on the morning of his actual birthday Grandma and Grandpa J took everyone out for IHOP. J was SOOOOOO excited to get funny face pancakes and the waitress was getting a kick out of his enthusiasm:-) He LOVED this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment