Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Before I forget . . .

I better get these stories down before I forget them . . .

Little J (3 years old) thought one of the twins said "two" to him the other day and he emphatically said "I am NOT two I am fourteen!"

R, Big Boy C, and Little J were out riding bikes and in J's case a scooter toy. R crossed a line and said "I won!" Then little J wanting to be a winner too said "I won too". I already know the kids view on "everybody winning" because they have heard it before and talk about it that that is what liberals say.  They STRONGLY dislike the philosophy. So I said "Everybody wins " just to make a joke. Shortly thereafter C (6 years old) rides by on his bike and says "I don't see how a man could be liberal." Too funny but thinking about it that is a good point! Boys like to be the best and they strive for that! What boy wants to be a mediocre winner with everyone else??? My 6 year old certainly didn't get it!!

The other day we were going to walk to the library which is about a 20 minute walk. It ended up being a blistering hot walk but we made it. I let the 3 older ones take their bikes and my 6 year old wanted to bring his scooter. I said "No" he would not be able to ride 40 minutes on a scooter and would be faster for him to walk. He knew how to ride a bike but was not good at it yet. I told him he needed to start practicing on his bike and then I would let him take that.

Big C took it to heart and often asks me to take him out to ride his bike and he has improved A LOT in just about a week and a half! Anyway, it is so cute to watch him. Last night when I took him out he was singing over and over again as he rode up and down the street "there is power, power, wonder working power in the Lamb!" Then one time as he sped by he said "when you hear that sound it is my bike.":-) He was quite proud of the loud whirring sound of fast tires.:-) I took him out again this morning and was really getting a kick out of hearing him sing another hymn which I cannot remember the name of.

No comments:

Post a Comment