Monday, July 25, 2016

The Winged Watchman by Hilda van Stockum

This book is apart of the "Living History Library" which I was completely unfamiliar with when I ordered this book. The first few chapters were dull and we had to hang on through the stage setting. It was worth it!! This book takes place during WWII and the Nazi occupation of Holland. The whole book is about what it was like for the people in this land, the feelings they struggled with and the decisions they were forced to make in hard times.

My boys really enjoyed the story. I will say though, when we got to the end of the book it is like your heart gets torn out! I think this happens because the tenor of the book is not the same tenor that it ends on so it takes the reader off guard!! It deals with human emotion, love, and doing what is right. This book takes a Catholic perspective which allowed me to do some instruction on those notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment