Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ecclesiastes 7:21-22

Ecclesiastes 7:21-22

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
21 Also take no heed unto all words that are spoken; lest thou hear thy servant curse thee: 22 for oftentimes also thine own heart knoweth that thou thyself likewise hast cursed others.


Ratso!! Does the Bible really have to address this and not allow me to lick my wounds from those that have verbally hurt me?!!:-) I came across these verses while doing devotions with the kids. I wasn't paying attention and I was reading out of another book of the Bible from what I thought I was. Hmm, obviously the Lord wanted me to read here! The kids and I were able to talk about this which is great and this is an important truth . . . don't try to dissect everything people say and why they are saying it for the truth is don't I say hurtful things too sometimes? 

Ouch, I struggle with over reading peoples words and taking things to heart way to easily. I think a lot of women do struggle with this. Instead of focusing on what others are saying I need to be focusing on what I am saying. Am I encouraging and lifting others up or are my words causing hurt? 

Great verses for a character change in the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment