Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Just the GIRLS for the pictures!!
The 3 oldest boys had to shovel a pathway to the house for us girls to get back inside from church since there was a snow storm!!!! We're thankful for them!!


It was a special day at church today. I was given a beautiful corsage, and a rose, AND BEAUTIFUL potted flowers!

The kids did the special music. The kids together sang "What Sins Are You Talking About." Annalina had been working with a family friend of ours (Mrs. W) on a special song she would sing to me at church on Mother's Day. She sang it BEAUTIFULLY and the words were absolutely WONDERFUL. I really wish I had it on video! What was absolutely adorable also was J went up next to his Sissy singing and and pretended to sing too! VERY CUTE!!


Here is what "A" sang as special music:

You're Something Special

When Jesus sent me to you, you loved me from the start.
I was just a bit of sunshine from heaven to your hearts.
Not just another baby 'cause since the world began
There's been something very special for me in His plan.

That's why He made me special, I'm the only one of my kind.
God gave me a body and a bright healthy mind.
He had a special purpose that He wanted me to find,
So He made me something special,
I'm the only on e of my kind.

I have a little sister whose not at all like me.
She can write a lovely poem, but I can climb a tree.
My brother too, is different with freckles on his nose.
When my questions need answers, he's the one who knows.

That's why He made me special, I'm the only one of my kind.
God gave me a body and a bright healthy mind.
He had a special purpose that He wanted me to find,
So He made me something special,
I'm the only on e of my kind.

My Daddy mows the back yard, my Mommy makes the bed.
My brother cleans his playroom, I see the dog gets fed.
And each one needs the other to help him through the day.
And love must be the reason God planned it that way.

That's why He made me special, I'm the only one of my kind.
God gave me a body and a bright healthy mind.
He had a special purpose that He wanted me to find,
So He made me something special,
I'm the only on e of my kind.

"R" was so excited that I was getting to hear the words and was saying that the words were "perfect"! I must say they really are!! What a blessings to sit and listen to my children minister through music on this Mother's Day and especially to hear Annalina sing that special song!

When I got home from church "A" gave me her gift. The picture below is me with my Mother's Day gift from "A". The footstool is a project she and her sewing teacher had been working on for me for this day! It is made out of tin cans inside then covered in padding and soft fabric and also tasseles that you can't see in the pictures because they are so dark. The stool is wonderful!! I love homemade gifts! My boys made me sweet cards which I adore also! My hubby made me one of my favorite meals, Taco Salad! Mmm, Mmmm! The avocados were super yummy!

I am extremely thankful for children the Lord has given Babe and I. We never imagined that we would have 7 beautiful children to love! Very much a Blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment