Saturday, May 31, 2014

Our Girls Business Trip

 Me with two of my beautiful girls.
A and B got to go with me on this house hunting trip!

Last week A, B, and I flew to the east coast to do our house hunting trip. It seems to be tradition now for A and I to do the house hunting. She and I were the ones that flew to CO to find the home we live in now. I decided to take B too this time because she can be demanding at times and Daddy had enough on his plate as it was!:-)

When we got there it was A LOT warmer than what we are used to. The air was thick and wet which was a big difference from the thin and very dry mountain air we are used to. I found I really enjoyed being warm though! B wasn't sure at first what she thought about the temperature but by the end of our stay she seemed more used to it. Unfortunately our stroller handle was snapped in half during the plane flight so we got that reported and thankfully it was still functional and we finally got to drive away in our rental car. The car we drove was really neat. It was sooooo different than driving a 15 passenger van although I LOVE driving that with our whole family! The car we rented was a fun car to drive! When we drove out of the airport A and I were truly in AWE of all the green trees!!! LOTS and LOTS of green trees!!! I knew my hubby would be thrilled. He loves GREEN surrounding him to view. 

Long story shorter God just reached down and helped in this trip. Houses just kept falling by the wayside and I was beginning to wonder if we would find what we were looking for. As always He worked it all out for good and we found a house we truly believe we are going to enjoy. We had really wanted a home either on the water or with a pool but every time it would fall through and Babe pointed out maybe God didn't want that for us for safety reasons. The house we ended up with has a housing group pool that is very close to the house. As "A" said "God gave us what we wanted in a safe way." Sooo true . . . we have a pool without the concern of the smaller kids and we don't have the maintenance costs of a pool!!

After we found the home we were in a rush to get the application in before the rental company closed. We were running around and went to the bank to get cashier checks, etc. We just barely made it to turn the application in but we did it!!! We drove A LOT on this trip. When we finally got it accomplished Daddy encouraged us to go to a Cheesecake Factory!!! Nice guy!! So we went downtown to celebrate our accomplishment of finding a house!! I was not expecting the gluten free food to be good but it is the BEST I have ever had!!!!! "A" really enjoyed her meal too. Then we had to have dessert! Ohh, yum, yum. I had really started changing my eating lately but on the trip I only did gluten free due to my celiacs but didn't worry so much about my diet at home. "A" was so happy to have me eating more regular food with her. She said it was nice to eat and me eating with her. The kids miss mommy partaking of the food they eat. She and I ate chips and cheese at night too. Good times.

Funny story . . . in Cheesecake Factory I was on my way to the bathroom and I saw a lady that I just knew that I knew but I just couldn't place her. I knew that if I didn't say anything to her I would regret it wondering who she was. So I walked up to her and admitted this was awkward but I really thought I knew her. She gave her name, etc. nothing clicked and I was starting to feel foolish then she said she was on a TV Show and I thought OHHHHH that is how I know her!!! OOPS!! On the show which I think is on the History Channel or something they call her Dr. Lori. She was extremely kind and fun to talk too! I found out when she gave me her card she is an award winning TV personality and a nationally syndicated writer!!! Made for a fun evening and story!!

On Sunday before we needed to make it to the airport we went to a local church for worship and heard a great message!! It was fun to get back that evening with the whole family. Even though the girls and I had a GREAT time together it was good to be a whole family again.
A with her very special doll Kaya. Kaya goes many of the places A goes! This was Kaya's first plane flight too.
Beautiful cloud we saw!
 Big brother G REALLY wanted us to make sure we video taped B's first time taking off in a plane. She did great on both plane flights! She was a happy and a good baby!!
"A", "B"(in stroller which you can't see in pic), and Me ready to celebrate!



One of the things "A" really wanted to do is take an evening walk. She found these leaves and wanted her brothers to see them! One night she talked to brother "G" for 2 hours on the phone! Thankful for their relationship.
Mmmm, Mmmmm, Cheesecake!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment