Sunday, December 7, 2014

Life Experiences for G

 Well, today was another life experience for G. He had his first school swim meet at a private boarding school here in VA about 3 hours away. Daddy said it is quite the place and that it was packed with people. I could hear the cheering. I think that is so fun. G was quite nervous but he is with a great group of people and he really enjoys his coach. When he and his coach see each other they salute:-)

Anyway, someone got a Sharpie marker out and showed G about making 3 columns on the inside of his fore arm and keeping track of his lane #'s, heats, etc. Daddy said he seemed to be catching on. This is all good for G because he is our "head in the clouds" kiddo:-) Exercises in attention are great! Daddy was so proud of him for coming in 2nd to last in his heat in the fly (picture above) and beating a sophomore that was bigger than him. I am sure that was somewhat encouraging as the first race he came in last!

In his heat for the back stroke he got 2nd out of 6 swimmers beating out a sophomore and senior!! Babe said he was BY FAR the smallest swimmer in that race! No winning a race or even coming close today but a GREAT experience and I think he did well for a little Jr. High kid. It definitely was an encouraging day for him. He had so much fun and was excited at the end of the day.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Those that are just reading this blog may wonder why I post some things I do. This blog is for memory keeping for me primarily and if I don't put down some of these things they will be forever lost in my head. I have a lot to think about:-)

G told me a short time ago he was getting the reputation he set out to get in school .  . . that he liked to joke and have fun but he was serious about his studies. He has a great relationship with the kids in his class. A few weeks back he was by a door and his belt loop somehow got caught up on the handle of the door and it took 3 tenth graders and 2 teachers to get him unhooked:-) He still gets ribbed about that . . . like getting congratulated for making it through the door:-)

Another thing that happened lately is that the students were asked to check into what appeared to be a discrepancy in Scriptures and report on why it really isn't. G found the answer on a web sight and so the teacher asked him to give a report to the class on it. G is telling me the story and he said "I don't know if I should have done this. . ." I didn't know what he said/did and then he said at one point "The good old King James says . . . " he said he has his grandpa's blood:-) He had to give a plug for the King James Version:-) One of the kids in his class said "Now he is talking about King James!"

A lady that works at the school came up to Babe this past week and said how much G is enjoyed and that the spirit he brings to the school is enjoyed. I pray for him that he will have wisdom in what he encounters in a day and an "excellent spirit".

No comments:

Post a Comment