Friday, December 19, 2014

Only One Answer . . . THE SON




 Questions
with No Answers but One . . .
THE SON.


People can ask me all sorts of questions.
People can ask me how it will get done.
But I do not have all the answers
Except, a sigh, and that I abide in the Son?

God's calling can sometimes seem crazy 
To those who are standing by
But those He calls feel compelled to move
And in faith to give crazy a try.

God promises to be faithful
To those who abide in the Son.
He promises beautiful, unearthly fruit
If in faith we take his calling, promises, and run.

Let me set aside the weights that beset me
Let me press toward the mark of the high calling of God
Let me run the race looking full in his face 
Knowing He will guide me with His eye and a nod.

Now when the questions flood in about how & why
No more will the answer come with a human shrug and sigh,
I will answer the questions with His boldness, not being a waif
 Speaking "I will daily look to Jesus my future, 
the author and finisher of my faith."

-A.L. 
December 19th, 2014

After I finished writing this I read this to my oldest daughter and she thought of Noah.
Great example of this!



John 15:5
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Philippians 3:13-15

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 

Hebrews 12:1-2
12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

Psalm 32:8
 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment