Sunday, May 17, 2015

Light of the World . . . Light of My Life . . . So why don't I praise Him more?


We went to go drop some things off to the thrift store and decided to go in and look around:-/ Dangerous when what I am trying to do is eliminate things NOT accumulate!! Anyway, it seemed Providential that I came across a book called The Prayer THAT Changes Everything by Stormie Omartian (The Hidden Power of Praising God) and at 98 cents how could I pass?!

 I know I seek God's counsel and I think I even praise Him when I know things are accomplished and I realize that it is by God's grace alone  . . . but praising Him during a storm I am not so good at so this captured my attention. I have not read the book yet but thumbing through I came across this and LOVED it . . . what a great challenge. It is going to be amazing to read the whole book!

"Once you begin to see God's light in the midst of your darkest times, darkness will never be the same to you. It will never have that same foreboding. It will never bring with it the same fear. You will perceive things differently. When bad things happen in your life, you won't react with the same despair. You will be able to say, "Praise You, Lord. I worship You in the midst of this situation. I know that You are the Light of the World who lives in me, and Your light can never be put out. I know that You are with me now, and You will shine Your light on this situation. Your glory is over heaven and earth, and it is over my life today."

"IN THE DARKEST TIMES OF YOUR LIFE YOUR PRAISE TO GOD SHOULD BE THE LOUDEST {emphasis mine}. It will not only turn on the floodlights, but it will strengthen your faith and let the enemy know you're not afraid of the dark."

Excerpt from The Prayer THAT Changes Everything by Stormie Omartian (Page 152)
______________________________________________________________________________

Today as I was sorting through more stuff from our move I came across a postcard I had purchased I believe while we lived in England. The card was a quote from a poem by Minnie Louise Haskins and the following portion of one of her poems was quoted by King George VI in his Christmas broadcast in 1939.

"I said to the man who stood at the gate of the Year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely in to the unknown.' And he replied, Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment